Friday 12 October 2012

Triangle Quilt update

Ive been working on the triangles quilt again today. I fastidiously joined all my squares into long strips and then carefully pinned the first two strips together with eleventy billion pins.

I crawled along through the machine making sure the seam was nice and straight so all those triangle points would meet up well. Got to the end of the row and opened it out to admire my work...

Yes of course, it was the wrong edges together!


Funny thing is I quite like it. But not enough to unpick all the squares and start playing around with it again. Maybe an idea for another time.

Our back packer has also been working on her picnic rug/blanket. She has chosen stars, suns, moons, hearts and of course, the peace symbol to appliqué onto the black base. She has spent the last few hours designing and cutting out her shapes and is now joining her black fabric to make it wide enough.



This is the layout she likes. Now to get pinning and sewing.


I really love this fabric, but was hesitant to buy some without a use for it in mind. I also suspect that my quilting bender will end before I've used all the fabric I've already bought!



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: