Tuesday 9 October 2012

Starting Project # 4 Boys Triangle Quilt

I didn't realise when I chose this quilt how involved it was going to be. LOTS of cutting! First I cut the fabric into 8 inch blocks then sewed two together right sides in. You then cut these into quarter triangles and iron them all open again.




I then started to cut them down to 4.5 inch blocks. This was looking like it was going to take a depressingly long time, but Milly stepped in and helped me do it.
After that we had the fun of laying them out. At first we did it randomly and I didn't like it much. The dot fabric had too much white in it and the colour scheme just wasn't working. So we played round with a bit and came up with the idea of bordering it with the white dot so as to concentrate the bolder colours in the middle.
This has worked a lot better and with a thin border of the remaining scraps of white dot and a dark blue binding I think it will come up pretty well.













You should never photobomb tiny squares of fabric!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment