Thursday 25 October 2012

Made it back out to the garden.

Today I ignored the sewing machine and spent the afternoon in the garden.


With beautiful afternoon sunlight who could resist?


I rescued a stoneware bowl from the chook yard and used it to hold all my gorgeous rocks and pebbles collect on a family holiday in July. We went to the snow with my extended family (all 17 of us) and had a blast - well, maybe except for the bit where my Dad slipped over in the snow and sliced half his ear off...

After the snow our 'little'family of 6 drove over to the east coast to spend a few days with Richards Aunts at their holiday house. The beach below their house was a pebble one not a sand one and it was truely awesome.

So I collected all these treasures there and they are all the more special because of where they came from and the memories tied to them. It was either the rocks or Dads dead ear dangling from a necklace and I think the rocks work better ;)


Our old worker who collected the bottle tree bottles came to visit while I was away last weekend. He always brings me knick knacks from the flea market. As well as more bottles he also brought me the Eiffel Tower. It was a pretty tacky wine rack, but I got out the angle grinder and cut out the bottle holders and now I'll pop it in the garden somewhere with something low growing over it.


All the bottles lined up ready to back on the bottle tree after bringing it home from exhibition in Frankland.


What Australian country garden is complete without a resident pet kangaroo? Meet Rosie. I raised her from a tiny Joey and she is about 12 now.


Found these coggy things at the tip. Rusty old bits look good as long as they are not too kitsch. -

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: