Saturday 6 October 2012

Elephant Quilt

So there I was all ready to dive into one of the four quilts I had planned when Milly arrived, but then something happened. The mail arrived. There was a parcel. (You know where this is going don't you!)

So now we have a queue jumper. Beautiful coordinating elephant fabric bought online had arrived. I wanted to make a quilt for baby Harry (a friends child) so ordered this fabric. There were only 3 types of fabric so once Milly arrived she suggested I do this type of quilt. No idea what it's called.

I finished all the patchwork last night and was looking it over lovingly when DISASTER! Somehow or other I had managed to put two little nicks in it. Arrgh!

Never fear Tin Whistle is here and she said here was my chance to learn appliqué . So I picked out some of the elephants and on they went.

I sandwiched it with the batting and the bottom fabric and now have the actual quilting to do. I have decided on a simple straight stitch round each if the squares.

1 comment:

  1. Love the elephant placement adds a great dimension to the quilt! Well Done!

    ReplyDelete