Saturday 22 September 2012

We had a wee fire

This has nothing whatsoever to do with what's normally in this blog, but I wanted to include these photos as it was a pretty big event for us.

Back in April we were burning canola stubble and the fire jumped into the paddock next door which was barley stubble. This gave a whoosh and took off like crazy - for our house. Within about 20 minutes of sending out a request for help we had volunteer firies from all over the district at our aid and our house was spared.

You know when you run that scenario through your head "what would I take in the event of a fire?" well that is what I did. Put the baby in the car, grabbed the cat, the dog and the hard drive from the computer. That was my list. I let out the horses and the chooks and wizzed William up to Mums.

For us it never happened and we were lucky. Some very quick back burning near the house saved it from being consumed.

No comments:

Post a Comment