Friday 21 September 2012

Succulent Armchair

I'm fully anticipating that this project will look good in a year or so! It was a little tricky to make but enjoyable nevertheless.

I saw one on Pinterest that was covered in moss and thought succulents might look good.

Luckily for me I had an old armchair in the shed. The tricky bit was wrapping the arms and back with chicken wire lined with newspaper and filled with potting mix.

After that I poked holes in the newspaper and pushed in bits of succulent. Then I soaked the whole thing with water and slathered sticky pig poo mulch over the wire to blend it all a bit. I've sat it in the shade whilst all the succulents root and hopefully in time they will spread out to cover the whole thing.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see this when the succulents grow bigger

    ReplyDelete