Sunday 23 September 2012

Fabric Embroidery Frames

I really liked this when I saw it on Pinterest and though I love the fabrics I've picked, the whole project hasn't worked very well.

The fabric doesn't stay taught in the frame. If it was a fine fabric I tried lining it with some batting, but it still sags.

The other problem is getting the bloody things to stay on the wall! I don't want to use something too adhesive as it will just make a mess if I get sick of it and want to pull it down, but I am constantly sticking them back up there. I'm using double sided super sticky dots and I think the problem is actually that there is not enough surface on the frame for them to stick to. Its very narrow anyway, but with a slither of fabric sandwiched between the frames it just makes the surface very tricky to adhere to.

No comments:

Post a Comment