Saturday 22 September 2012

Fence building

So we have a small cottage on the farm that Richard and I lived in when we were first married.

It has been empty for a while now and we are cleaning it up a bit in anticipation of a new family arriving from Zimbabwe sometime soon. The family will live in the cottage and have employment with us.

At the moment we are replacing the fence at the back to provide a bit more privacy. The pine poles were in already so a few days ago I added the crossbeams and selected the timber for the pailings. I raided a stack of timber we had cut for sheep yard repairs but have never used.

Today Richard and I put half the vertical pailings up. Necessity demands that we go for a rough look as much of the timber is very low grade. I quite like the 'rustic' look however. I should be able to get it finished tomorrow if I can find where I've stashed the rest of the bloody tek screws.

No comments:

Post a Comment