Friday 21 September 2012

The Bottle Tree

Once again I turned to Pinterest for inspiration and came away with a bottle tree.

The base is a plough disc, the trunk is one of the legs off the old trampoline and the branches are cut up section of rebar.

I had my first go at welding which is something I've been wanting to try for ages. I'm not competent enough to go solo at this point but I would like to get to the stage where I can head to the shed and get to work on my own.

Once the tree was made I painted the trunk black and started collecting bottles. A few came from eBay but for most I need to thank 2 people. My gorgeous mail lady collected the hard to find red and orange ones and our gruff old retired farm worker personally trawled all the flea markets in Perth for me then hand delivered 2 boxes of bottles. Thank you Ange and Malcolm xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment