Thursday 10 January 2013

Blast from the past Tornado Cake

I feel the need to do a posthumous post about a cake I made back in 2011. My son was turning 9 and requested a tornado cake. I decided to go all out. None of this wussy 2 dimensional stuff for my boy!

My son, Angus, has just reminded me that the funnel was made of a rice bubble slice mix to make it both lighter and harder than cake. I made a funnel out of paper and greaseproof. I filled it with the rice bubble mixture and stuck two wooden skewers in it. Once this was set and the cake was iced I drove the skewers into the cake and prayed like crazy that it would hold.

I little more carnage in the form of fallen trees and flying animals and voila - one happy kid.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Emma. I think the grin on my boys face says it all really!

    ReplyDelete