Thursday 24 January 2013

Agapanthus Bird Houses

 I've been hard at work painting and installing my bird houses amongst the agapanthus. I had grand plans of making all the houses, but never got further than the red and brown one. The whole project was about to dive bomb because I was waiting for the ooomph to make the houses so I decided to buy them cheaply from here and there and paint them instead.


 I went with a whole colour palette of pastels and nestled them randomly through the 
garden bed. They are a little hard to spot, but there must be about 8 of them. I have 
2 more coming in the mail and I think that will be enough.

As a bit of a flashback, I found the following picture that I took in April, 2008 
when I first created the Aggie bed!

So often we look at the agapanthus simply as a flowering ball, but each 
individual flower is really gorgeous on it's own.

No comments:

Post a Comment