Wednesday 21 November 2012

Red strip quilt update

I finally got back to the red strip quilt tonight. I sewed on the red border followed by the white spot one. I think I might have made an error with the fabric tension though. Because the quilt topper is long thin strips it has a sort of concertina effect so when I was sewing on the long edge I stretched it right out to counteract this. I might have gone to far though as the red border had a ruffle effect. Adding the spotty border has helped somewhat and I'm hoping tight wadding and quilting will help it hold its shape properly.



I also whipped up a final dolly quilt for a friends daughter to thank her for having one of my kids over the weekend. I was dying to use the bus stop people fabric so gave it a whirl here.


I also gave the stitches on my new machine a trial run by using a different stitch pattern down the middle of each strip.


With all 3 dolly quilts I have been uber lazy and not hand stitched down the binding. Much quicker to do it on the machine and I figured the dollies wouldn't mind, but gee it really spoils the look of the quilt.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment