Monday 18 February 2013

Quilt updates


So I have been very neglectful of late, but only with the blogging side of things.

The Briar Rose topper is almost finished, but most frustratingly I have run short of fabric. I bought more than the stated amount as I intended to bind in it as well, but I am short by 2 x 4 1/2 inch squares.

I spent a great deal of time in Spotlight trying to choose the back ground fabric and eventually went with my current favourite colour... teal. I think it looks fantastic!



I've also done up the appliqué letters for the OHD quilt. Just waiting till I get some of the fusing tape to stick them down whilst I sew them. Here they are laid out ready to go.


The main body of the pin wheel topper is also finished. I just need to add two borders before adding wadding, back and binding!



And Richard used to think this table was too big! Here we have managed to scrape up a little piece of table top to eat dinner. The kids had to sit at the bench!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. That's much better - I thought you had gotten a bit slack! But obviously too busy to blog! I reckon you are getting better and better - the quilts look awesome! Ness

    ReplyDelete