Sunday 3 February 2013

Quilt updates

So I've got a few things on the go at the moment. First there's the Thimble Blossoms Quilt. I have all the blocks sewed up and have now to sew them into rows. Here is the first row completed.


The second project I am working on is the Jelly Roll I bought in Donny Brook. This quilt is called Briar Rose and can be found over at England Street Quilts. Instead of the soft florally pinks they have used, I have branched out and gone rich reds, golds, blues and greens. It will be interesting to see what it turns out like. I have had to halt progress whilst I find some coordinating background fabric. This is what I have done so far:


My final project is something I started zipping together last night. I wanted to try an Oh Happy Day Quilt since I saw this one on Pinterest. I decided to applique it over a log cabin so I thought that as it was already going to be fairly schmaltzy I would embrace that and make it a pink baby girls quilt. Progress so far:





Looking at the photos now I am not sure about the white border. I intend to go round once more with some blue, but at the moment it doesn't look quite right.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment