Tuesday 27 August 2013

Lone Star

I decided to have a crack at a lone star quilt. This was really extending my quilting capabilities to the max but it looked so pretty.

I tried one, but didn't pin or sew well enough. I decided to scrap it and start again.




Second time round I made it smaller and went a lot more carefully.

Cluck Cluck Sew do a Lone Star tutorial, but I decided to use this one and really test my skills by trying Y seams for the first time:

http://hopefulhomemaker.com/wp/2013/04/01/lone-star-block-tutorial/




The green back ground hasn't come up very well in this photo because its night time. Its a much nicer apple green than shown here.

It's lucky I've decided to make it a cushion because it doesn't lie very flat! I'm also thinking about adding a row of prairie points round the outside.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment