Sunday 16 June 2013

Fire Pit

Richard and I had half a day to ourselves this afternoon and felt in the mood for a project. I showed him my 'Outdoors' board on Pinterest and told him to choose a project he felt like tackling. Hence we made a fire pit!


First we used the tractor to dig a bit of a hole as our recycled water trough was a bit high.


Then we Popped the trough in the hole and back filled.


Richard used the jack hammer to punch a few air holes thhrough at ground level so the fire will draw.
Next we dragged up a big log for a seat.


Log was a bit long so it got chainsawed in half and angled.


Kids filled the tractor bucket with rocks which I delivered on site.


We found a bendy log for the other side and a little one for the small people. All that's left is to concrete a rock wall round the outside to hide the ugliness. This is something I can work away at on my own.


The pets were very interested!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment