Friday 31 May 2013

Picnic rugs and pinwheels.

I have been working on the rainbow picnic rug. I added wadding and sandwiched the plastic baked stripey fabric with the rainbow zigzag.


I quilted it very lightly as the more holes in the bottom of it the more moisture it will let in.


I tried to get a picture of the quilting, but it doesn't show up. I just quilted simple straight lines down through the black zig zags. It was hard to do this well as the plastic was very tacky and kept sticking.


I also went a little crazy shopping online the other day and its much easier to justify a $14 charm pack than a $40 jelly roll...especially when you buy 6!


So I used 1 up on this pretty pinwheel quilt. I particularly like the triangle 'flagging' around the edge.


I still need to back and bind this one.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment