Friday 18 July 2014

Welcome Baby Dylan!

A good friend of mine had a baby the other day and even though I'd bought her a little gift, the afternoon before I visited her I got an urge to sew up a little quilt.





I really like scrappy interesting squares - the real basics of quilting that most beginners cut their teeth on. I guess I haven't lost that as I still find it great fun to pick out all the individual fabrics and watch them come together.





I just did simple diagonal quilting. I still haven't gotten very good at the quilting side and prefer to send my projects off to a long arm quilter.

However on small quilts I'll have a go at it and this time I really smoothed the topper hard when I pinned it and didn't get the rippling problem I usually get.





Took me the rest of the evening but I managed to get this finished the same evening I started it and was able to give it to young Master Dylan when I met him the next morning.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment