Thursday 27 December 2012

Ho Ho Ho

Notwithstanding Christmas slap bang in the middle of the last few days, I have managed to finish off and start a couple of projects.

Christmas was wonderful and relaxing and everyone had a ball. I'll put some photos up later, but for now, back to the quilting.



I saw this type of quilt on a blog and it was described as very easy to make so I decided to give it a go with leftover scraps of fabric. I laid it out, but oops, I've managed to run out of white fabric. Some of the blocks are missing it, so I've stacked it up and put it aside for now.



I'm very pleased to reveal my finished log cabin cushion. Milly showed me how to insert a hidden zip and I backed it with purple stripey fabric.


I think it looks great on the couch teamed up with the Pezzy cushion and the Raggy Circle quilt.






Finally I spent yesterday afternoon and this morning piecing together this whirly gig quilt. I've had the fabric sitting there for a while not sure what to do with it. Milly showed me this pattern so I decided to give it a go. It was fun to make, but once again I don't have any backing fabric so I will put it aside until I get some.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Geez Louise that was quick work on the whirls gig quilt!

    ReplyDelete